Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 8 - Weigh In Day

Although it is waaaaaayyy late for me (need my beauty sleep and all), I had to write just a small blog tonight. Why give up sleep to do this? I have discovered that I sleep much more calmly when I get my daily thoughts out each night. Seems to help where sleeping pills didn't. It also helps me to focus myself for the next day and, on occasions such as today, I get to brag just a little about my successes.

Today was weigh-in day for me at my Weight Watchers meeting. I had hoped my revamped efforts and newly-found dedication would produce some results and I was not disappointed. This week, I lost 2.6lbs, bringing my grand total to date to 30.2lbs. I have finally found a major key in making this weight loss journey a success which led to me blasting through my most recent plateau. I had to do a little happy dance when I heard that. Felt so good to know I had achieved this goal!

It has taken me 55 weeks to lose 30lbs. While that may seem a little slow, I now see the time as a much-needed learning experience. I have always had major problems with achieving any long-term goals. I've always seen myself as a sprinter, not as a long distance-type of person. Well, that's changing every day. For 55 weeks, I refused to give up on myself, even if I wasn't "on plan." I refused to throw in the towel and walk away. Nope. I was going to struggle, to fight, to tear myself down and rebuild myself from the ground up if I had to, but I was going to succeed. Now, more than ever, I believe I will see 145lbs. But, my focus now is on the next goal: another 5lb loss. Small steps = success and I'm once again on my way!

Time to log my weight loss on the WW site, then off to bed. Sleep well, everyone! Thank you for your continued support. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

way to go my beautiful friend!! I am beyond proud!
I love you lots and lots! Keep moving forward!

Post a Comment