Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 3 - quitting being a quitter

At least that's the plan or should I say, that's my goal. I look back on much of my life and realize how many times I have quit when the going got tough. Many things I loved doing... ice skating, dance, oh so many things. Some I question a little, just because I'm not sure if I was taking the path of least resistance or because I understood I needed to move on from an unhealthy situation. But, I do know that there have been times when I've left an enjoyable activity behind because I felt like I wasn't "good enough" or "If I was really meant to do this, I'd be much better at it, so why continue?" Prodigies are few and far between. Everyone else has had to work for what they have and/or where they are. Why would I be any different? Still, this sense of perfectionism has given me the excuse to just let myself go on many levels for far too long. While this problem won't be solved overnight, it's still an area I need to address (and often) to be successful at this journey. Somehow, tonight, after getting to the gym for the second time this week, walking another 5K, and staying within my Weight Watchers points, I'm feeling pretty good about it all.

I know this is short tonight, but it's late and I'm exhausted. I need to catch up on some sleep tomorrow, make sure I get to the gym (or at least get a workout in), and continue to make great choices through the day. I must admit to being a bit nervous for the weekend. Friday is date night for my hubby Scott and me. We always go out to eat and maybe some other activity. When we eat, I'm not usually checking point counts or using portion control. Tomorrow, I start learning how to enjoy myself while staying true to my goals. Wish me luck!

Ugh, tired, but positive. Time for sleep!

~H

0 comments:

Post a Comment