Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 18 - Resistance (of Chocolate) is Futile

Well, dear readers, this is, unfortunately, going to be a short post. It's 2:30am here and, as a Father's Day gift for hubby, I'm getting up with our son in the morning... well, in a few hours when he wakes up. So, quick recap of the day and off to dreamland for me.

Breakfast was decadent! I decided I needed a change from my usual veggie scramble wrap, so I shredded up a small potato to make hash browns... at least that was the plan until I saw the leftover serving of turkey chili from last night. That changed the math a bit. I still made the hash browns, but topped them with the chili instead. I heated up two slices of turkey bacon and added 1/2c fresh blueberries to a Weight Watchers Berries-N-Cream yogurt. Add in 2c of water with Crystal Lite and I had a most delicious breakfast!!

I didn't eat lunch as hubby and I were headed out to an early dinner, but I did have a quick snack of fat free mini pretzels (1oz) and some water. Wasn't much, but I usually don't get to have pretzels and I was satisfied.

Dinner was at my friend Trina's birthday party (hence the saving of points earlier). I think I did great overall in managing my food intake. I had 1 lean pork chop (boneless) with a little bbq sauce on a hamburger bun along with at least 2c of raw veggies and 2TBS low fat yogurt dip (only 45 calories for the serving). I had 1oz tortilla chips with 1/4c garden salsa and 1/2oz pita chips with 2TBS soft herb cheese (a big favorite of mine).

Dessert was chocolate-frosted cupcakes and bite-sized brownies. Here was my challenge for the night! I resisted (boy, it was hard) eating more than 1 cupcake and 2 brownie bites. Considering how many cupcakes I could have eaten, that (before) I would have eaten... Heck, I did darn good! Instead of eating, I engaged my friends in conversation and in karaoke. I sang a lot and it kept me out of the kitchen. Yay!

I wish I had more time tonight to write, but I really do need to get to sleep. That and I'm unfortunately not in a good head-space to write tonight. After coming home on such a good note... well, let's just say we now need a new automatic garage door opener. It wasn't pretty and it's just put me in a bit of a negative space at the moment. Sorry.

Still, just writing this quick post has helped me feel sooooooo much better. I know that I accomplished a number of good things today, made some goals and some good choices. In the end, I know I'll get through the negative and the positive will shine through.

As always, thank you so much for reading. Please post below. I'd love to know you're out there. Means so much to me! :) G'night!

~H

0 comments:

Post a Comment