Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 29 - The Scale Does Not Define Me

Another weigh in day, another chance to see what's working and what's not. Especially the not.

I knew that going into today, the numbers may not be very forgiving as I had indulged in quite a few higher-sodium-packed goodies and not enough fiber this week. Add to that my exercise schedule was changed (exercising yesterday instead of Sunday) and the intensity increased as well as drinking too much diet cola and not enough water. All of that added up to a weight (fluid) gain that shocked even the Weight Watchers receptionist... 4.6lbs.

Ugh. :(

I quickly recovered from the number shock as I realized how out of whack my body must be today. I saw clearly what had happened and what I needed to do going into this week; more fiber and water, less sodium and diet soda. I need to modify my workout just a tad and stick with it. By doing this, I should see most of that gain drop off me next Tuesday. Yay!

To help jump start the process to a better weigh in next week, I mowed the lawn, getting in a good 90 minute workout and racking up 7 activity points. Felt great afterwards!

I had a delicious dinner and ended up drinking a full liter of plain, cool water. That hit the spot! I may need to keep that bottle out every day, filling it twice a day, as a good way to measure how much water I drink; just water, not including any coffee, tea, milk, or other liquid refreshment I may imbibe.

Overall, I'm feeling tired, but confident for the week ahead. I have some good things coming down the line in another month that I'm giddy with excitement over! I'll share more on this in the coming weeks. But for now, I'm exhausted, a bit sore, and very much ready for sleep. I find myself having a decent amount of difficulty with writing tonight, so I bid you adieu, mon cheri. Sleep well and I'll see you tomorrow!

~H.

1 comments:

Kenlie said...

I gained a pound this week, but it didn't get me down. It was kind of expected since I didn't workout much last week..and maybe the nachos and movie candy at the midnight showing of Eclipse didn't help. ;)

I've learned not to hate the scale or let it control my emotions. It's usually just a reflection of what's going on with my body at the moment.

This week, I'll make better choices too. And I think we'll both be glad we did a week from now.

I hope you're resting well!

Post a Comment