Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 15 - Please Step on the Scale, Miss

Yep, today was Weigh-In Day at my WW meeting. I headed in with a smile on my face and the knowledge that the numbers would show a slight gain this week, just as they do every four weeks. After a year of weigh-ins, I know that every fourth one will be a gain. It's just a fact.

"Hmmmm..." I can see you pondering this tidbit already, wondering why I would know this. Well, to put it simply, I'm a female. Hopefully without stretching this into the TMI arena, I'll put in even more simply... Tomorrow, my monthly gift comes due. My Aunt Flo arrives. I'm retaining water like a camel and there's very little I can do about it. Yay...

At least I'm consistent... or so I thought.

Today, I took off my shoes, put down my purse, my keys, my phone (hey, every ounce counts!) and stepped on the scale. It took a minute or so for the receptionist to click the keyboard, capturing my current weight on the computer screen, immortalizing it for all time. I waited patiently to see how many pounds and ounces I would be losing next week after the camel wanders back into the desert for another month. Finally, she said she had it and I could step down. I smiled, slipped my sandals back on and asked how bad it was. She handed my little journal back to me, smiled very kindly, and said "3 point 4."

I blinked, stunned. Now I have had some bad weeks before, but this was one of the worst! 3.4?! "Wow! That's pretty bad" I stated as I started to head into the meeting.

She looked at me kind of funny for a moment, then realized what I meant. "No, you LOST 3.4 pounds."

Lost?! I... LOST?! Not only did I lose, but I lost 3 point 4 pounds?! This week?!

I took a moment to let this small, yet significant piece of news sink in.

Then I danced. Right there in the lobby. In front of everyone. I wiggled my 3.4lb- smaller rear end and I think a couple of fist pumps occurred as well. I do believe I skipped into the meeting.

After the meeting was over, I had a quick snack and headed to the gym. My left knee has been feeling strained the last couple of days, so I opted to walk the same amount of time (65 minutes), but at a slower pace. I pumped my arms, kept my abs and rear in tight, and tried to get the most out of the workout. I think I succeeded. There was sweat and a sense of accomplishment at the end, so I'm feeling good about it. No more excuses, right?

Today, I weighed in at 228.6; the lowest I have weighed in almost 7 years. My daily points lowered by 1 (now at 30 points per day) and I am over the moon happy! I'm also more motivated than ever.

Mario Andretti once stated "Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek."

I am committed to this journey for what comes next can only be better than what I've already experienced. I'm looking forward to it!

~H

1 comments:

Kenlie said...

Oh Heather..that is incredible! Seriously..! I'm definitely happy for you! :) :) :)

Post a Comment