Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 16 - Mood 0, Chicken 3

Actually, my mood today was about a 2.5 out of 5 and not unexpected. Today, "Aunt Flo" arrived for the week, trying to tease and tempt me as she does. This happens because I am very much an emotional eater. Well, I am, but not to the extent I was even a mere two weeks ago. It was then that I found my voice here in the blogosphere through which I started to see my true self in black and white text, reflecting truths somehow I couldn't discern within my own muddled mind. For the first time, I truly began to understand that food does not equal love and acceptance; that if I was strong enough to put myself out there for all to read, then I was strong enough to make the changes (and commit to them) to transform myself into the person I want to be.

Today was not a day about hitting milestones or deep existential thought. Today was about making good food choices (even when all I wanted were plates of carbs and sugar), keeping my stress levels low (even with a rambunctious toddler under foot), and not yelling or crying at every little thing (damn hormones). All in all, I succeeded beautifully. Another reminder that not all victories are measured by a scale.

Coffee was a necessity this morning as I was operating on three hours of sleep thanks to one of the cats who, in her ultimate wisdom, decided she just -had- to have my attention at 6am. No going back to bed after that meow-whine-fest. So, hot hazelnut/caramel/butterscotch flavored coffee it was with Splenda and sugar free Vanilla Caramel creamer. 1 point of delicious, creamy, caffeinated goodness.

After my son's therapy, I cooked veggie scramble breakfasts with turkey bacon for both my mom and me; mine as a wrap, hers with toast. She thought there were too many veggies. I disagreed. We left it at that. Yummy breakfast. :)

Lunch was half a ham and cheese sandwich with pickles and Kettle Brand Sea Salt & Vinegar chips. I -crave- these chips! To me, they are the best potato chips on the market right now. Love, love, love and so worth the 4 points per ounce.

Dinner was grilled Lemon Garlic Chicken (no skin, bone in), fresh grilled corn (plain), and leftover baked beans. I was hungry by the time dinner finished cooking (around 8pm), so I ate one whole breast, one ear of corn, and half of the remaining beans (about 2TBS). So savory and satisfying! The rain of the past week had finally let up and the weather was lovely, so we ate outside on the deck. Very enjoyable. Too bad the rain is coming back for another week of gray dampness. :(

Tonight was the premiere of Top Chef season 7; my favorite show! I have to be careful with my points on TC days as I know watching all of that amazing food being created will make me hungry. So, I made sure to have a few points left for a snack; a Weight Watchers Peach yogurt topped with a crumbled Corn VitaMuffin and some Fat Free Reddi Wip. A sort of 2 point creamy peach cobbler creation. I paired it with 4oz of leftover 1% chocolate milk plus 1c of Silk Almond Milk. So, chocolate milk worth 3 points. It was better than I thought and hit the spot beautifully. A sweet end to a fairly smooth day.

Day 16 done and done. Time for me to catch up on my beauty sleep, now with a smile on my face. My hubby just told me that my weight loss is very noticeable to him; that the weight I've lost equals the weight of our son. Wow! How cool is that! I've dropped a 3 year old. Best complement so far. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment