Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 48 - Tools of the Trade

When I was out shopping at the mall on Friday, I came across the local GNC store. Turns out they're having a sale on those wonderful reusable water bottles for only $5! As I'm on a pretty tight budget, that was a perfect price! So, looking over my options... red, black, or white... I chose this one:

I love the look of it! For me, it's very motivating to be reminded of all of the ways I can get in some activity. It also reminds me of the great choices I'm making every day and that the more I work at it, the better I'm going to be, both in the short and long term.

Thinking about this newest item made me look at the rest of my "tools", my "weapons of choice" in this "battle of the bulge." What other items did I use on a regular basis to help me in my pursuit of health and weight loss? I narrowed it down to 3 essentials:


This is my Weight Watchers Scale, my 1/2c measuring cup and my 1TBS measuring spoon. If I had nothing else, I could measure everything I needed with just these three items. They are my absolute musts in the kitchen! I use them every day. They help keep me on track better than any other gadgets I have... and boy, do I have a lot of gadgets. There's just something about kitchen gadgets I love! Oh, and cookbooks. I'm a cookbook-collecting fiend, much to my family's chagrin. :)

 I would love to hear about your weight loss essentials! What helps keep you on track? What items can you not live without? What items would you recommend?

Until next time, dear readers :)
~H.

4 comments:

Raegun said...

Thanks for the follow. I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog. In the meantime, cute water bottle! It's funny how the little things can keep you going, no? My favourite 'tool' just happens to be my water bottle. It holds 32 oz, so I force myself to just get at least of those suckers down each day and I know I'll be okay H20-wise. ;)
Rae
xo

Megan said...

Thanks for following me! I started reading your blog just a few days ago and I think you're great. I really need to get a refillable water bottle. I was also wondering, where did you get that scale? I'm in the process of moving and I've been using my aunt's scale but I am going to be needing one of my own.
<3

Heather A said...

Hi Raegun!

I have found motivation in several strange places. My water bottle is one of my favorites and my main source at the gym. I have my Weight Watchers keychain and charms that I take everywhere. Works wonders when I'm out at a restaurant!

My silliest reminder is a small rubber duckie dressed as a cheerleader. My WW leader gives them to everyone when they reach their 5% loss goal. I keep him in the kitchen where I track everything. He cheers me on to victory!

Keep up the great work with the water! The benefits make the effort so worth wile! :)

Heather A said...

Hi Megan!

I purchased the scale at my Weight Watchers meeting. It measures both in grams and ounces, as well as calculates points values for items by food type and weight. It has a few other features which I haven't even tried yet. :) It has made keeping my portion sizes in check much easier. I love it!

With the end-of-summer sales starting, now is a great time to find some really good bottles! Just keep on the lookout for some that catch your eye. Choose bottles that inspire you, that make you feel happy, that "speak" to you. Those are the ones that'll help give you a boost when you're having a tough time drinking that 64oz of water each day. :)

I hope your move goes smoothly! I've gone through several, so I understand those difficulties. Good luck!

Post a Comment