Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 31 - No, Your Eyes Do Not Deceive You

I'm betting your wondering if you missed a post somewhere or maybe you're wondering if I mis-counted my days. I can safely say "No" to each of your inquiries. Yesterday, I was busy from 6:30am until 1am and chose to catch some much needed sleep instead of posting. In fact, after careful thought, I have decided to make some changes to my daily posts... as in they may not be daily anymore.

I love writing this blog! The insights I have discovered and the peace I have found at the end of every day by just writing this has made a world of difference in so many aspects of my life. It would take several posts for me to convey just how much. Needless to say, it wasn't an easy decision to come to, but one I feel is important. I cannot do it all... not yet... and having a good night's sleep is so very important from my basic functioning to making great choices to excelling at whatever I choose to put my mind to. I need sleep and suffer greatly when I don't get it. Pretty simple stuff really.

So, I am choosing to sleep rather than post every day. Now, don't expect the bi-monthly update (unless things go very badly). I will be posting often... quite often. I like it too much not too. :) But, I can't guarantee that it will happen every day. I have a million things to do on a regular daily/weekly basis plus a number of special events coming up in the next month; many of which I am coordinating. Talk about busy! Whew!

As of this week, I am also going to be arranging a doctor's visit. It seems I have injured my heel to the point that it's difficult to walk, much less run. I've tried resting an extra day or two, but after tonight's partial workout (walk/ran half of a Couch-to-5K interval set), I'm sure there's more going on.

It's incredibly frustrating to be sidelined at such a positive time. My workouts have been wonderful, both in helping with my weight loss and with my mental outlook. I'm looking better, feeling great, and really starting to enjoy pushing myself. Ugh, this feels like a big roadblock, but it's only because I don't want to be patient. I want to keep the momentum going and I may even be a bit scared that if I don't, it won't be there later. But now, just stating that out loud, I feel better because I know when I am able to return to running that I'll be in an even better position to succeed! I'm just not good at the waiting part. :)

So, for now, I'll keep walking when I can, taking care not to push the injury. I am in no way giving up! Not anymore! I am done with the excuses. This is for life... my life... and I'm not backing down again.

As always, I must thank you, dear readers, for your continued support. Means the world to me! I will be "talking" to you soon... oh so soon! :)

~H.

1 comments:

Kenlie said...

Your blog totally needs to be about what's best for you. When you post, I'll read..that's how that will work. ;)

Take care of your foot! I hope it doesn't cause you too much grief!

Post a Comment