Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 35 - A New Challenge

Hi everyone!

I need to get to bed here pretty quick, but I wanted to share something I'm doing over the next few weeks. It's a brilliant challenge put together by the wonderful Deb over at Deb Will Be Free. It's called the Freedom Challenge and I -love- it! Everyone participating made a list of goals to work towards over the next four weeks and I just wanted to share my list with you. As you will see, it's why I need to get to bed asap. :)



My goals:

1) To do some kind of organized exercise at least 4 days a week (gym, walking trails, video, etc.)

2) To work on one project on my To Do List per week.

3) To get a minimum of 6 hrs of sleep per night, especially during the week.

4) To drink 2 liters (67oz) of plain water per day, regardless of any other drinks I imbibe.

5) To have 4 new "food adventures" during the challenge time period. This could include trying a new restaurant, making a new recipe, trying never-before-used ingredients, etc.


Today, I did complete #1, #2, and #4. We'll see about #3 (depends on when my son gets up in the morning).  I'm saving #5 for the my trip to the City Market on Friday. So far, so good!

Deb posted a saying on her blog a couple of days ago that is really resonating with me... "Progress, not perfection." I have always been a bit of a perfectionist, to a fault at times. I have quit so many positive things in my life because of it. One of the greatest lessons I have learned on this weight loss journey (and life journey in general) is that any journey should be paid great attention to, but not to the point of being miserable or so stressed out, I want to run away and become a hermit. Life is to be savored, to be enjoyed, to be relished and each step I make these days is to do just that, imperfections and all.

A huge thank you to Deb for her continued inspiration and to all of you for reading!

~H.

Update: Made #3 (6hrs of sleep). Son was kind enough to sleep in until almost 8am! Woohoo!

2 comments:

Kenlie said...

Deb is pretty brilliant, isn't she? I love her..and I'm doing the challenge too. Just saying.

Anonymous said...

Well, thank you for the kind words! :D I'm so glad you've joined the challenge.

And, I am SO glad that I read this post! I love the paragraph on perfection. Those words put something together for me. You know that "just clicked" feeling. I don't know how I missed this til now. So clear.

I've read that paragraph three time and finally copied it. To keep this comment from turning into its own post, I'm going to use your words to kick off a post of my own. Stay tuned. :D

Thank you!

For freedom!

Deb

Post a Comment