Monday, January 10, 2011

Weigh-In Day = Frustration

Today, I weighed in at my Monday evening Weight Watchers meeting. Needless to say, the results were frustrating as I have tracked every day since Jan. 1st and dragged myself to the gym several times. I dunno... I'm just frustrated with the roller coaster that seems to be my weight loss journey. I understand that there will be times of gain due to water retention, my menstrual cycle, those off-days, etc., but I can't seem to lose with any kind of regularity no matter what my efforts are. Up, then down, then up for two weeks, then down... I ended 2010 with a small net gain, but it feels like I wasted a whole year. If I lost on a regular basis with the occasional gain, I think I'd feel better... like I'm making progress. Right now, I don't feel like that at all and that's not good for an emotional eater like me. Not at all. I'll try to resist the best I can, but it hurts. It hurts a lot.

I also know this pain comes from a few different places, not just the weight gain. I have received some very bad news (on top of having a really crappy day today) in addition to many of the same problems my family and I have been having for several months now. The gains only make the negative emotions worse.

Sorry this is such a downer post. I have a number of more upbeat ones I haven't posted yet. This is just my life at this moment. I'll try to cheer things up soon if for no other reason than I won't let this mountain of negative yuckiness break me. Nope, not gonna let it.

WW Weigh-In for Jan. 10rd: 233.8 lbs

Weight Lost since Last Weigh In: +0.8 lbs

Total Weight Lost since May 2009: 28.4 lbs

Highest Weight: 262.2 (May 2009)
Lowest Weight: 224.6 (Aug 2010)

1 comments:

Kenlie said...

It won't break you..and hey..this blog is for you. I'll read whatever you write. No need to apologize for how you feel. God knows I don't.

Hang in there my friend..you've got so much going on..sometimes not gaining 28 pounds is a victory. Just keep trying..start now.

::HUGS::

Post a Comment