Monday, January 3, 2011

First Weigh In of 2011

While I normally go to a Tuesday evening Weight Watchers meeting , this week I decided to go tonight. I think know I was anxious to see where I stood numbers-wise after the last few weeks of holiday cookie binging. Although I've only been back on plan for a few days, I needed some hard numbers for my tickers (on the left), my goal and motivation printouts, and for the Biggest Loser Pound-for-Pound Challenge I signed up for (more on that in a bit). So, here's the skinny...

WW Weigh-In for Jan. 3rd: 233.0 lbs

Weight Lost since Last Weigh In: 2.6 lbs

Total Weight Lost since May 2009: 29.2 lbs

Highest Weight: 262.2 (May 2009)
Lowest Weight: 224.6 (Aug 2010)


So this is where I stand at the beginning of 2011 and boy, am I ready to change those numbers! If you look over my blog, you'll notice the tickers I've added. The top ticker shows my main goal for the next several months; to reach 199lbs by June. This is a huge goal for me! A weight I haven't seen in nearly 20 years! I don't remember what it looked or felt like to be under 200lbs, so this is gonna be a real challenge, one I know I can reach.

The second ticker shows the overall amount of weight I've lost. My end goal weight is 145lbs, so I have a grand total of 117lbs to lose (from 262 to 145). This allows me to remind myself that no matter how large of a number 117 seems that I'm making progress and WILL get there.

Now, about the Biggest Loser Pound-for-Pound Challenge... This challenge is very much like the Weight Watchers Lose For Good Campaign in the autumn. For every pound lost between now and May 31st, the PFP Challenge will donate money to Feeding America which will in turn donate one pound of food to your local food bank. So, I lose weight (I've pledged 20lbs) = I feed people in need in my community. Sounds like a good deal to me!

If you'd like to join me in this win-win challenge, click here. It's free, quick and easy! Pledge however many pounds you're comfortable with losing and all of your efforts will benefit your local community. You don't even have to be a fan of The Biggest Loser.

Motivations and goals seem to be pouring out of my ears! Now I need to remind myself every day of all the reasons to stay on track, to drag myself to the gym, to say "No thank you" to that extra cookie. It won't be easy. I just need to take it one day at a time... and today was a good day. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment