Saturday, January 22, 2011

So Far, So Good, Still Sick...

Hey everyone! Just wanted to drop by for a moment and do a little Happy Snoopy Dance. Why? Because I've been tracking like a fiend for the last several days, making great food choices, and feeling pretty dang good over all. Yay me! (finally!)

Well, it has from a "I'm-trying-to-lose-weight-and-be-healthier" kind of way. My sinuses would disagree as my little guy's cold had embedded itself within them and has made working out very difficult. No fever (thank God!!) but still hard to do any kind of bends or faster movements when your head feels like it's filled with cement. I did get some light swimming in today with the hubby and little guy. 40min just moving gently in the warm pool felt really good! Made me wish I could jump on the elliptical or push myself with some weights, jump and kick in class or dig into some laps in the pool. Soon...

I did have a motivating moment today (besides the pool). I was at the doctor's office to follow up on some tests I had done recently and, as they usually do, the nurse weighed me. Now, my official weigh-ins are on Tuesdays at my Weight Watchers meeting, so I'm not changing my tickers or anything. But, it definitely felt good to see a number in progress. Since I had mentioned that I have been trying to lose weight, she was kind enough to take a few minutes and really try to get an accurate reading for me (Can we say awesome nurse?!). She weighed me in at 230lbs. YAY!! That's over 4.5lbs less than last Tuesday's weigh-in!! Again, it's not an official WW weigh-in and it's only halfway through my Tues-Mon week. But, even with some water retention and whatnot, as long as I stick to my tracking, good choices, and getting some kind of activity in over the next few days, I feel like I'm on track for an official weigh-in loss.

*happy dance*

My biggest challenge is tomorrow (Saturday) night when we host an Italian-themed Engagement dinner for some friends. 9 adults and 4 little ones with a spread of lasagna, shrimp alfredo, garlic bread, salad, tiramisu and spumoni. Probably some wine as well.

Yeah, I know. Sounds heavenly, doesn't it? All homemade and almost none of it low-fat. *drool*

I've been saving my weekly points for this. But, even with those available to me, I still have a Points+ - lite breakfast planned, some filling and healthy ideas for a light lunch, and a plan of attack for the evening's festivities. I am not going into this dinner without a strategy! Not a chance! I've worked too hard to just throw my week out the window. I will choose carefully and track as best as I can everything I eat. I know I'll be earning some activity points just from running around cleaning beforehand (I have a two-story house, so lots of up and down stairs.) I will enjoy what I eat, the good company, and remember that this is just another part of my life to have fun with. It's gonna be a good time! :)

Hope you have a fabulous weekend too! See you next week!

1 comments:

als said...

Good luck tomorrow - I know how hard it will be! My suggestion is to take a little bit of all the things that you want, and take a bite of each of them and SAVOR that bite. And if that bite isn't as good as you remember, don't eat any more of that item, even if it might have been your favorite in the past. And really listen to your body, even though it will be hard. When you're not hungry any more, toss what's left on your plate. Stay strong - you can do it! :D

Post a Comment