Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 58 - Because Breakfast Is So Important...!

First, I have to confess that I just wasn't focused yesterday. I tried... oh, I how I did... but in the end, I just didn't make the best of choices all day. Still, I did manage to convince myself to drink as much water as I could...

That's me in my new sundress (small-cut xxl!) at our local college theater performance of Rent. It was an amazing show! During the intermission, they were selling cups of ice cream for $1. Oh, the temptation!! But then I saw how perfectly I fit into this dress (cotton, full-length, Grecian-style) and realized that not long ago, there's no way I could fit into a dress like this. It's long and only flowy at the bottom. Pretty straight up and down through the body and hips... and I fit into it!! No ice cream for me! Just another bottle of water and the choice felt great!

So, this morning, even with my busy schedule, I'm making sure to start the day off right with a great breakfast. Doesn't look like much in this pic, but it's a powerhouse of goodness!


2 cups of sliced veggies (mushrooms, spinach, cherry tomatoes, and a little green onion)[0] with a 1/4c Egg Beaters [1], a cup of Silk Almond Milk [1], and a Weight Watchers yogurt (Amaretto Cream) [1] with 1/2c Fiber One [0], 1/2c fresh blueberries [0.5], and 1/4c of the best low fat, no sugar added granola [2] I've ever found!

Total point value for the meal = 5.5
Total Good Health Guidelines met: 4 fruit/veggies, 2 milk, whole grain, 1 protein.

Oh yeah, good start indeed!

Be sure that I'm going to have a bottle of water next to me at all times today as I work on this weekend's cake orders, drinking my 67+oz by the time I head out for my friend's birthday party tonight. It's at a bar, so I need to be hydrated and full before I take one step out the door. I'm determined to make some great healthy choices today and make this week fantastic! I want to go into my vacation next week with a loss on the scale and the confidence I get from my good weeks. I know it's not a matter of luck. It's a matter of personal responsibility and only I can control my actions, my choices. That's what I'm going to do! :)

On a quick side note, I'm sending out birthday wishes to my darling son! I decided to become a mom, but God decided to send me an angel; a handsome and brilliant one at that. I have been blessed in so many ways by his presence in my life and am forever grateful. Happy birthday, baby. Thank you for letting me be your mom. :)

Till next time, dear friends! Stay strong, stay positive, stay you. :)

~Heather

2 comments:

Raegun said...

I'm going to have to try your recipe - looks delicious!
Have a great weekend.
Rae
xo

Kenlie said...

I'm seriously thrilled to see a water picture today. Awesome! And happy birthday to your little angel boy. :)

Post a Comment