Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 56 - Versatile Blogger Award and Challenge Updates

Weigh In Day today. I did show a slight gain which was not unexpected. Now, repeat after me... I will not eat salty chips the night before weigh in...  I will not eat salty chips the night before weigh in...

The next several days are going to be busy for me and I'm not sure if I'll be able to post much. It seems that the Mario cake I posted pics of on Saturday caused quite a stir and I am in the process of baking not one... not two... but three cakes! Two for friends and one for my own wonderful son. :) I am very excited to be granted the opportunity to make some very lucky people happy!

If you're interested in seeing more pictures of my cakes, check out my other blog... Raintree Cakes.

Ok, on to the Updates and Award!

Last week, Deb at Deb Will Be Free awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award. I am at once humbled and giddy with excitement over this! It seems The Versatile Blogger Award has the following conditions, so I will try to meet them below:

1. Thank the person who gave you the award: Again, a huge THANK YOU to Deb for passing this on to me!

2. Share seven things about yourself: Let's see...

- I have lived in six different states, Illinois being the longest stretch of time (21 years).

- I was previously married for 8 years.

- I love mixing milk and Coca Cola a la Laverne on Laverne and Shirley (which I used to watch all the time growing up).

- The only band I've ever obsessed about was Duran Duran. When I was young (in the 80s), I knew just about anything you could think of about the band. I didn't get to see them in concert until 2006.

- I won my first car in my high school graduation raffle; turquoise 1976 Monte Carlo with gray fake fur bench seats and hot pink pinstripe down the side. V8 monster of a car! My mom said the only thing she felt good about me having my own car was that I was surrounded by steel and would probably plow through anything I might hit.

- I used to be a theater geek; from very early in my life till college. I miss it...

- I love the ocean, especially in the Pacific Northwest!

3. Nominate fifteen newly discovered blogs: Wow... I'm so new at this myself, but I'll try and seek out as many new blogs as I can. Guess I need to get reading. :)

4. Let your nominees know about the award: As I send out the award, I'll be letting them know!

-------------------------------------------------------

Freedom Challenge & PEWC Update (see #4 for PEWC)

My Goals:

1) To do some kind of organized exercise at least 4 days a week (gym, walking trails, video, etc.)
Mission accomplished! 3 days in the gym and 1 in my friends' pool = 30 activity points!

2) To work on one project on my To Do List per week.
Wow, this was so easy to do as my To Do list just grew 10-fold! Yep, this one is good. :)


3) To get a minimum of 6 hrs of sleep per night, especially during the week.
Only about half of the week. I'm beginning to wonder how feasible this is for me right now. Still, I'm going to keep trying.


4) To drink 2 liters of plain water per day, regardless of any other drinks I imbibe.
This was the first week I didn't finish this (by one day). I'm bound and determined to keep this up as the effects have been amazing!


5) To have 4 new "food adventures" during the challenge time period. This could include trying a new restaurant, making a new recipe, trying never-before-used ingredients, etc.
I tried a new muffin recipe today... apple-carrot spice. So yummy and so very healthy! Only 2 points per muffin. Even better is the fact that my very picky son liked them too. :) 2 of 4 complete!


So, there we are for another Tuesday. I'll try and post as much as I can over the next several days during the mad flurry of cake decorating. Then, one more weigh in before VACATION!! :) :) More about that later.

Keep making each choice count and never give up! I believe in you!

~Heather

2 comments:

Kenlie said...

Wow, you have some great goals. And I'm so so happy that you're feeling the effects too. :) Yay!

I envy your cake decorating skills..They are nothing short of amazing!

Raegun said...

Congrats on the award!

Post a Comment