Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 90, part 2 - This Little Light of Mine...

After posting yesterday... yeah, I know, it was a dark and stormy post... I have to admit I felt better. Something cathartic about getting one's demons out on... well... electronic paper? Yeah, close enough.

Anyway... I started tracking my food and ended up keeping within my daily points, even with friends over. We chowed down on fresh veggies and fruit with a little hummus and low fat, whole wheat pita bread. So yummy!

I also chose to gather up the hubby and son, nearly forcing them into the car, and headed off for the nearby community college's walking path. The weather had cooled off a bit and the sun was setting as we walked the mile path together. My son ran back and forth, saying hi to every passerby. Even my hubby told me afterwards that he enjoyed our time out together. It was wonderful!

I ran a little with my son without killing my foot too badly, so I'm beginning to think I could try to run again, just not on the treadmill. I don't think I get the right stride when I'm trying to run within a set treadmill pace. I'll have to experiment soon...

And my water consumption rocked! 8 glasses of plain water over and above anything else I had to drink. Did the same things today too! It just feels good to have found a little more strength to keep going, not that I can see myself giving up for good. As the commercials say, I'm worth it!

Well, tomorrow is Tuesday and that means WW Weigh In Day for me. One of my last weekly weigh-ins. But, I'm feeling positive as I work out some free alternative plans and one day, when my current situation works itself out, I'll be right back in those meetings every week. Until then, I shall live by the immortal words of Tim Allen from the movie 'Galaxy Quest':

"Never give up! Never surrender!" 

Damn right! :)

~Heather

p.s. I totally want to go to a Zumba class now after seeing the video on this blog post from Kreating Kristen! I have to get a YMCA membership soon and go!

0 comments:

Post a Comment