Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 84 - Well, That Didn't Work Very Well...

Wow... What can I say? Um... Haven't been doing so well the last week or three. Ugh, let's be honest, I've let everything go over the last month. Everything... no exercise, eating everything and anything, no tracking. Yeah, I know. Not good. While not an excuse by any means, I've dealt with both the highs of a vacation and some lows I won't go into here. Now, I'm working through an annoying cold, so my diet includes a lot of juice which is not very easy on the points. Ugh.

So, where do I go from here? Good question...

Well, to start, I'm not giving up. Giving up isn't an option as this isn't a diet. This journey is a part of my life, not a temporary "fix." I'm not giving up this food or that food so I can lose weight, only to revert back to my former eating habits and food choices once that goal is accomplished. This isn't a race. This is about making one choice at a time and accepting the results of those choices. This is about finding balance between my food addictions and a healthier lifestyle; something I am still working on.

For now, I'm going to use a piece of advice that have always worked for me. I'm going to choose three things... three goals... three good choices... and focus on those for the week. As I'm fighting a cold, these may not be my preferred choices, but there are a start; a way to get back on plan... back to losing weight and being healthy.

So, for this week, my goals are:

- 1) Track what I eat. I'm not going to include points, just what foods I eat.

- 2) Water / liquids. I'm going to get at least 10 cups of non-caffeinated liquid per day to keep hydrated.

- 3) Go to my Weight Watchers meeting. I'll weigh in and accept whatever numbers come up. The numbers are a guideline, not a definition of who I am, right? :)

Ok, that's it for now. Weigh In is in two hours, so I'll be back later with an update. Thanks for sticking with me. :)

~Heather

1 comments:

Kenlie said...

I like to remind myself that today is the best day to make good choices. We can't change yesterday, but we can focus on being healthy today.

Feel better. Being sick is so. not. fun. But you can do this, I agree...and it's too important not to start moving forward again right now. :)

Post a Comment