Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Superheros are made everyday

For weeks now, I have been in an epic battle with a great nemesis. We have struggled and clashed at every available moment while destruction and chaos has been left in our wake. Casualties on both sides have been heavy at times, but I have persevered and now I feel I am tasting sweet victory at last!

To what arduous task do I refer to? What herculean effort has brought about this feeling of triumph? How soon can I just get to the point?

Fear not, faithful readers! (All 2 of you. Hi Mom!) Your heroine can now pull back the mask of her adversary and expose all! The antagonist of this piece is...

*dramatic pause. Music swells to Scooby Doo reveal levels*

SLEEP! (dun dun duuuuunn) *gleam of perfect white teeth in a oversized grin as the image fades to black*


Well, perhaps the last few weeks haven't been quite that over-the-top. Still, they have been stressful and chaotic. When you're sleeping in stretches of no more than 4 hours at a time, and those times appearing all around the clock, it takes a toll on you; both body and psyche. The constant feeling of being drained, the inability to think clearly, the fear of sitting down for too long... I, for one, am just glad it's done. At least for now...

Last night was the first night in weeks that I slept for a 8 full hours. It was wonderful, fantastic, delicious and nutritious. While I had to miss the end of Dancing with the Stars to accomplish this, I feel it was worth the sacrifice. Besides, my mom taped it for me. Thanks Mom!

So what comes next for your Superwoman of Slumber? Your Senõrita of Snooze? The task before me is no less challenging. I must pursue and maintain peace throughout my world. *more heroic music* In other words, I must find a way to fall asleep early, wake up earlier, and find balance in the rest of my day. Oh, and sustain this schedule though the long-term. Now that would be an epic tale indeed!

Stay tuned for our next exciting episode, intrepid adventurers, where we'll look deep into the tale of how our heroine became the Fighter of Forty Winks! (dun dun duuuuuuun)

0 comments:

Post a Comment